Simple rules, the Chinese casino classic can be learned very quickly by anyone. That’s one of the key factors that makes Pai Gow remains its popularity in many Singaporean casinos, or some Western gambling spots. Being a member of Bet88sg by registering an account, players can experience the exciting Pai Gow Poker for FREE.
Rules Of Online Pai Gow Poker
In Pai Gow Poker, also known as Double-handed poker, the players and the dealer will receive 7 cards. And the ranking of the cards and hands in online versions is similar to that in land-based casinos.
After being dealt the 7 cards. Players will split the cards into 2 hands: one with 5 cards (high hand) and the other with 2 (low hand). The players will not know the cards of the dealer as they are all face down. During the gameplay, the players will be able to shifting their cards with the best-scoring hands.
The ultimate goal of Pai Gow Poker is to create the best two hands.The only rule being that the two-card hand cannot beat the five-card hand. This is where the “highest” and “second highest” areas of the table come into play. Usually these hands are referred to as the front and the back hands; the back (five-card hand) being set out closest to you, or behind the second highest.
These are the rankings whereupon your hands and the dealer’s hands are measured. Whoever has the better ranked high and low hand wins that particular part of the total Pai Gow Poker hand.
Besides, remember that players can place their bets once. Players can not place their bets after arranging the front the the back hands.
See More : Play Roulette
There are two types of bets in online Pai Gow Poker:
- The Ante Bet (forced): It is placed on left side on the layout. There are also maximum and minimum bet amounts here.
- The Fortune Bet: It is placed on the right side on the layout. The payout of the Fortune Bet is separate from the Ante Bet. Players need to have five cards straight up to win this bet. The Fortune Bet is based on the full 7 card hand is not affected by how you choose to arrange your cards.
Note that all winning bets will be taxed 5%
After the players have arranged their hands, it’s the dealer’s turn to flip his cards
High Hand (5 cards)
- Straight flush: When all the 5 cards are straight (in an order) and in the same suit.
- Four of a Kind: When there are 4 cards that share the same value.
- Full lush: when there are 3 cards sharing the same value and a pair.
- Flush: When all the 5 cards are in the same suit.
- Straight: When the five cards are straight (in an order).
- Three of a kind: When there are 3 cards sharing the same value.
- Two pairs: When there are 2 separate pair in 5 cards.
- A Pair: When there are 2 cards sharing the same value.
Low Hand (2 cards)
In low hands, the best one is a pair of Aces. The other pairs are less in value. If the players don’t have any pair in the Low Hand, the highest card will count.
In case both the player and the dealer have an ace in their low hands, the other card will decide who the winner is. So a low hand of ace, jack beats a low hand of ace, ten and a king, six low hand beats a jack, ten hand.