Blackjack is one of the most played card-games in casinos all around the world. People primarily go to the casino to play Blackjack and to gamble their money on this game to win it big and change their luck.
Before learning or adopting a strategy for Blackjack, the new players should first get thorough with the rules of Blackjack. Given below is a short version of it:
- You will be dealt with two cards: one facing up and one down. You aim to make the sum of the value of the cards 21, or nearest to it. You cannot go over 21, or you will bust or lose.
- You can ask for a hit, that is, one more card to make the sum 21.
- If you do not need another card, you stay.
- Once all players have stayed or gone bust, the dealer will show his hand. If you beat the dealer and other players who did not go bust, you win.
- Most casinos have the rule that the dealer stays till he or she reaches 17 or more than that. Till that, they hit.
The rules on which Blackjack works sounds easy. This ease is what makes it alluring for the players and gamblers. But knowing the rules is not enough. To win at Blackjack, one must use their intelligence and employ strategies that will help them decide whether to hit or stand.
- Card Counting:
This Blackjack strategy can be used when only one deck is used by the dealer to deal the cards in a game. It is a memory game more than a policy. When cards are dealt in Blackjack, they are shuffled once, that is, before dealing with the first cards. If you can remember the places of the cards and deduce which cards must be in the deck after the first round of dealing, then you can guess the value of the card you would get next. This strategy only works when a person observes the deck and the dealt cards keenly.
- Double Down at a Hard 11:
When you are dealt with cards that make a sum of 11, then you should double down. ‘Double Down’ refers to increasing your initial bet by double. Why should you do so? Because in a deck, the cards with the value of 10 are most (10, joker, queen, and king, all have a value of 10). So, the probability of you hitting a 10 is highest, turning your odds of achieving Blackjack most upper.
- Dealer’s Up Card:
If the dealer’s up card shows 2 or 3 and you have cards that make a sum of 12, that is, you have a hard 12, you should double down. It creates more probability of you winning more money.
Blackjack is a game that is not just based on your luck but also on how alert and sharp you are during the game. The result is based on luck for some part, but also on the player’s decisions and presence of mind. Once you get familiar with the game, you can win money easily.